Term 4 Shuttle Time Intermediate Schools Competition
This competition is another chance for any students in years 7 & 8 from all schools to have fun while playing badminton and representing their school during competition! The competition is open to all abilities from beginners to u13 reps. We encourage everyone to take part! We provide racquets to borrow and shuttles, so all you have to do is turn up within indoor sports shoes. Badminton encourages speed, agility, hand-eye coordination, social skills and sportsmanship.
Date: Thursdays 22 October to 10 December 2020
Venue: CET Arena 4, 61 Pascal Street, Palmerston North
Who: Open to Yr7 & Yr8 players from all local schools
Cost: $TBC (+gst) per team
Time: 3:30pm to 5:30pm
Teams: 2 players per team. (boys or girls)
Players: Please enter via your school
Schools: Registration online here
Queries: Please contact James at <email@example.com>
– every week all players must sign in at the registration desk.
– grading games may happen in the first week.
– schools and players are encouraged to bring their own racquets as we do not have enough for everyone.
– all players must wear indoor footwear while playing on the courts.
– one game to 21 points (i.e. first to 21).
– each player will play 1 singles & 1 doubles per match. There are 2 or 3 matches per day.
– substitutes are allowed for teams who need an additional player, expect for Finals day. All players must have played in the competition prior to Finals day.
– no food or drink or scooters to be taken onto the courts. Any repeat offenders may be disqualified.
There is no cap on the number of teams a school can enter, but we reserve the right to cap the number of teams if there is a big flood of entries.