We are serious about school badminton and are prioritising badminton in schools over the next few years. We run our annual schools competitions to offer students the chance to take-part and enjoy badminton.
Our sport is perfect for students as it is indoors, non-contact, is great for improving hand-eye co-ordination and anyone of any ability can try it. As badminton players progress, so too does their fitness levels, agility and racket skills; they also become tactically aware of why to hit certain shots and where to place them. Our sport is a great social outlet for students and there are also junior clubs in Palmerston North for those who want some extra-curricular badminton.
Badminton In Your School
The MBA are committed to delivering high-quality badminton sessions across a variety of schools within the Manawatu. We currently run badminton sessions for all abilities in over 20 schools in our region.
If you would like us to run sessions in your school, please contact Josh Curry at email@example.com
Coaches & Teachers
The Shuttle Time Programme has been created to help teachers and coaches develop skills and plan safe and FUN badminton sessions for children aged 5-18 years old.
The MBA run FREE Shuttle Time Training Courses to help teachers & budding young coaches develop their badminton knowledge and coaching skills to then be able to deliver their own badminton sessions within their local communities (e.g. school, junior clubs, holiday programmes, etc.).
For info on when the next course is, please contact Josh Curry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out the BWF website for more info about the Shuttle Time initiative.
School Holiday Programmes
During each holiday, we run a 3 or 4-day School Holiday Programme. This is open to all abilities and for any children aged 5-18 years old.
To find out more information about the next opportunity, please click here.
Schools Competitions in 2019
- Term 1 – Yrs 5-8 School Competition – 13th February 2020 to 26th March 2020 (Thursdays in CET Arena 4)
- Term 2 – Secondary School Competition – 4th May 2020 to 29th June 2020 (Mondays in CET Arena 4)
- Term 3 – Badminton Youth League – 27th July 2020 to 21st September 2020 (Mondays in CET Arena 4) – NEW COMPETITION FOR 2020!!
- Term 3 – Primary School Competition – 30th July 2019 to 17th September 2019 (Tuesdays in CET Arena 4)
- Term 4 – Intermediate School Competition – 24th October 2019 to 5th December 2019 (Thursdays in CET Arena 4)