BUBBLE Badminton is here!!
We are delighted to announce that we are able to offer badminton again!
How to PLAY
This is different from pay-to-play badminton that we previously offered on Sundays at PNINS. People are NOT able to just turn up and play because we need to manage the number of people attending. Instead, bookings must be made and confirmed in advance. This will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
Bubble Badminton requires groups to maintain a minimum of 2-meter physical distancing from other groups.
The booking process:
- Organise your Bubble (group).
- One person (group leader) to complete the booking form.
- Payment (details below).
- No bookings less than 24 hours before the session.
- Players are to organise their own groups prior to completing the booking form (you may wish to rally your team members for a hit).
- An individual may only be part of 1 group. Groups may change between sessions but not during the same day.
- Groups can be up to 20 people.
- No inter-mingling between groups while at the venue (maintain 2-meter distance from other groups).
- Groups of 1-6 will be allocated 1 court.
- Groups of 7-12 will be allocated 2 courts.
- Groups of 13-16 will be allocated 3 courts.
- Groups of 17-20 will be allocated 4 courts.
- Sessions are timed and all players are required to stop play when asked.
- Everybody must also exit the Arena grounds without mingling or loitering to allow the next groups to arrive.
When to PLAY
All MBA badminton will be in the Ballroom at Arena until further notice. You may only book up to 6 days in advance. For the next few weeks, we will operate sessions during the following times:
- Tuesdays 5:30pm-7:15pm (9x courts available)
- Tuesdays 7:30pm-9:15pm (9x courts available)
- Thursdays 5:30pm-7:15pm (9x courts available)
- Thursdays 7:30pm-9:15pm (9x courts available)
Cost & Payment
Given the COVID-19 measures in place and the necessity to simplify the cost and payment procedure, we have decided upon the following cost structure:
- $10 per person, per session (1hr 45mins)
group is required to purchase 1 tube of shuttles (unused shuttles may be used
for future bookings).
- RSL Standard – $35
- RSL No.1 Tourney – $45
- Extra tubes available for purchase as required during a session (to be invoiced to group leader).
- Person making the group booking (group leader) will be invoiced directly for the full cost (players & shuttles).
We have a range of measures that we have designed to be able to offer badminton to our community. We kindly ask that everybody respect the processes and know that these will evolve over time. We are always open to feedback after the event. Please familiarise yourself with this information on our website:
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact James at firstname.lastname@example.org