BUBBLE Badminton is here!!
We are delighted to announce that we are able to offer badminton again!
How to PLAY
This is different from pay-to-play badminton that we previously offered on Sundays at PNINS. People are NOT able to just turn up and play because we need to manage the number of people attending. Instead, bookings must be made and confirmed in advance. This will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
Bubble Badminton requires groups to maintain a minimum of 2-meter physical distancing from other groups.
The booking process:
- Organise your Bubble (group).
- One person (group leader) to complete the booking form.
- Payment (details below).
- Read the Participant Guidelines on our website: https://www.manawatubadminton.org.nz/policies/
- Players are to organise their own groups prior to completing the booking form (you may wish to rally your TNBL team members for a hit).
- An individual may only be part of 1 group per day. Groups may change between bookings but not during the same day.
- A Group may book for more than 1 session in a day if courts/person limits permit. Extra cost applies.
- Groups can be up to 10 people.
- No inter-mingling between groups while at the venue (maintain 2-meter distance from other groups).
- Sessions are timed and all players are required to stop play when asked.
- Everybody must also exit the Arena grounds without mingling or loitering to allow the next Groups to arrive.
When to PLAY
Currently, the following times are available to book:
- Thu 16 Sep (B&M Centre) 6pm-7:30pm
- Thu 16 Sep (B&M Centre) 7:45pm-9:15pm
- Tue 21 Sep will open up soon
Cost & Payment
Given the COVID-19 measures in place and the necessity to simplify the cost and payment procedure, we have decided upon the following cost structure:
- $5 per person, per session.
- Groups are expected to bring their own shuttles.
- Tubes of shuttles are available to purchase at the following cost:
- RSL Standard – $32
- RSL No.1 Tourney – $44
- Person making the group booking (group leader) will be invoiced directly for the full cost (players & shuttles).
We have a range of measures that we have designed to be able to offer badminton to our community. We kindly ask that everybody respect the processes and know that these will evolve over time. Please familiarise yourself with this information on our website:
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact James at firstname.lastname@example.org